In late July 2008, we found out we were pregnant!

On February 21, 2009, Barbara (Grammy) hosted a baby shower for us and the baby girl we'd soon meet.

Poor Icky stopped getting on my lap when there was no longer room for him. We told him he was going to have a sister, but we're not sure how he was comprehending the situation. At age 17, he had never seen a baby before.

To our surprise, I went into labor on March 20th, 2009 at 9:45 a.m. I was only 8 1/2 months pregnant, but everything was fine. After my water broke (at work), we rushed to Providence St. Vincent Hospital in Portland, where I was in labor for 21 hours. Below is a photo Kraig took of the sunset that night. The room where I gave birth is reflected in the window.

Brielle arrived at 6:31 a.m. on March 21st, 2009. She weighed 6 lbs. 15 oz. and was 20 inches long.

She was a little angel from the beginning.

The grandmas appeared immediately after the birth, ready to help and love their new granddaughter.

Icarus finally found out what was growing in my belly (although I'm not sure he actually put that together). Since Icky has been our "son" for 18 years with no human children, this was a big moment to have him meet his sister for the first time. It was actually pretty uneventful, but at least he didn't hiss at her.

No comments:
Post a Comment