Sunday, December 14, 2014

Pan Am Taekwondo Championship

This weekend I took Brielle to her latest taekwondo competition. This one was the Pan American Taekwondo Champsionship, the biggest yet for her. It's an international competition so there were competitors from all over the world, and it was a great opportunity for us to have it right here in Portland. Brielle practiced very hard for this, and it really paid off. She did the best I've ever seen her do. In this video you may be able to hear some of the spectators talking about how impressed they were with her.

She got the highest score out of all 4 green belt competitors in her age bracket and won a gold medal. We called Mommy (at home with Ronan) and she excitedly told her "I'm on first place!" Master Ha and others from our dojang were all very proud of her, as are Mommy and Daddy.
 After the competition we went to the dojang's annual Holiday Party, where we got to have dinner and do a raffle. Brielle won a new kicking target, so she and Ronan can each practice with one at home.


No comments:

Post a Comment