Sunday, March 1, 2015

State Taekwondo Championship

This morning Brielle competed in the Oregon State Taekwondo Qualifier competition. The winners are invited to participate in the National competition in Austin, Texas this July. The youngest kids always go first, so it was an early morning for us, but luckily it was at a high school in Portland.

Brielle is a purple belt now, but they didn't have that category so she wore her green belt. Even though she's 5, she competed in the 6-7 year-old category because she'll be turning 6 this year.

She performed her poomse on the mat furthest from where we were sitting, so I couldn't get any close-up shots. Kraig, Ronan, and I watched from the stands, along with Master Ha and her teammates, who all cheered her on.

And...she did it again! Another first place win, and an invitation to Nationals. I guess we now know of one trip we'll be taking this summer! Great work, Brielle!

No comments:

Post a Comment