Monday, November 2, 2015

October and Halloween activities

We hope everyone had a fun Halloween! I'll post photos of the kids below. But I'm a little behind on other October activities, so I'll include those as well.

When it was time for me to carve the Brielle and Ronan pumpkin, Brielle said that Ginny needed to be included too. I thought that would be too challenging. But when I tried to take photos of the pumpkin, Ginny jumped up to join them, so I guess she knew she was supposed to be included. 
Ginny continues to enjoy playing with the kids, even braving the bathtub. When they get home from school, she's always lying down at the door waiting for them, like a dog. They love playing with her. We just have to be careful to make sure they're safe, since she's still a crazy kitten who loves to attack things.

This past month, Brielle had three days off from school while Ronan was in school. She and I took advantage of the opportunity to have a "girls' day out" to paint ceramics, visit craft stores, and go out to lunch together. Finally - I have someone to paint with me! It's been a special time for both of us.

Grammy and Kelly also came to visit! We walked around the neighborhood to collect beautiful fall leaves. We enjoyed spending time with Grammy, and she gave us an opportunity to sleep in (Thanks, Grammy!) Sorry I don't have any photos of Kelly - he was busy helping Kraig with home improvement activities (Thanks, Kelly!).
 
Ginny and Emmett got to know each other again. Unfortunately, this means that Ginny kind of terrorized the poor little dog. She's fascinated with him and probably wants to play with him. But the way she goes about it - stalking him and sneaking up on him - isn't the appropriate way to make a friend. He stuck by Grammy a lot of the time for comfort. We hope that as time goes by the two of them will end up being good friends.

Emmett brought a super-cute Halloween costume!






















This month we also headed out to another pumpkin patch. No, I didn't notice the humor in this photo until I uploaded it. :-)


We like this pumpkin patch because it has all sorts of family activities, including animal viewing, slides, a corn maze, pumpkin cannons, and pumpkin bowling.


Then, of course, there's the barrel train and horseback riding.





Before Halloween, the kids got to open Halloween presents from Grandma Pat. I think they were a little confused by the fact that Halloween hadn't actually happened yet, since we set up the "Halloween room" decorations at the beginning of October and that was a long time ago. Plus, we get no trick-or-treaters at our house, and last year our trip down into the neighborhood to do a little trick-or-treating was totally rainy and cold. So they haven't developed the excitement around Halloween activities that I got to enjoy growing up in Florida. In fact, they had some difficulty coming up with what they wanted to dress up as for Halloween.

We were very excited and proud when they decided that they wanted to dress up as Ginny's parents!











Brielle got to wear her costume for a parade at school.

This year Halloween was rainy again, so we decided to include an indoor activity - a Halloween party at a senior living center next to our neighborhood.

 

There were way more seniors than kids there, but that was fine. They seemed to really enjoy seeing the cute kids in their costumes. They had a couple of activities set up, and the kids were able to walk around to the seated residents and trick-or-treat for candy.


 

We did end up going trick-or-treating later in the rain with an umbrella, and they had a great time. They were a little sad to say goodbye to the "Halloween room" decorations, but we're all looking forward to seeing family for Thanksgiving and Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment