Ronan just had a fantastic 6-year-old birthday celebration! Thank you to everyone for the great gifts for him! He's been enjoying all of them since he opened them Saturday morning.
He decided to have his birthday party at Fiesta Falls miniature golf. We knew we might have an issue with friends showing up for a summer party, but it worked out great. It was just the right size, and several of his best friends were able to make it. I refer to his little gang as the "blonde boys".
Birthday parties at Fiesta Falls involve a round of golf for all the kids and use of a covered outdoor patio. We knew the weather would be hot, and we worried about the (sometimes) daily thunderstorm, but we actually lucked out. Sure, if was hot, but it was overcast for a lot of the time, and it didn't rain.
The party started out with the kids decorating sun visors to wear while they were golfing.

Then the kids headed out to golf.

We set out munchies for guests and decorated the patio with a golf theme.

Brielle created a (really) miniature golf game for decoration and fun. Ronan helped his new Hobbes toy tiger play. I also turned pixie sticks into golf clubs and flags and covered lollipops with golf ball stickers, but I forgot to take a picture. I made them as prizes in case it rained and we needed to play games under the shelter, but that turned out not to be necessary.
Ronan actually wanted donuts instead of cake or cupcakes. He's not too fond of chocolate and actually doesn't like a lot of frosting. And maybe because he's vegan and very rarely has cake, he just isn't used to it. So he decided on donuts. That was okay because I had discovered a good vegan donut recipe and bought the donut baking trays a couple months ago. The kids seemed to like them.
I forgot to take a close-up photo, but the donuts had green sprinkles on them (like grass) and we put imoji-decorated golf balls in the holes.

Next, Ronan opened his gifts from friends. Norah gave him a decorated card that said "I love you" in it. So sweet.
As a bonus, Grandma Pat was here to visit for Ronan's birthday! We've been having a great visit with her.
We've been having a really fun summer and I have a ton of photos that I haven't yet posted. The next blog post will summarize our summer activities so far.



No comments:
Post a Comment