My birthday celebration started out in the morning with opening many wonderful gifts from family members. Thank you everyone!

Then I thought it would be fun to head down to Daytona for the night. First stop was the Daytona Arcade Museum! The kids like it enough and are old enough that Kraig and I can play on our favorite games and they can find other games that they enjoy. Brielle likes Pong and pinball machines.
I like Frogger. And I beat my high score!
Then beat it again! What a nice birthday gift. Unfortunately, right after my birthday, the arcade closed down! They're trying to sell it, but if no one buys it, I believe they're moving to a new location (problems with the current building). It would be fantastic if they decided to move to St. Augustine. I just hope they note my high score when they unplug and move the machine. Think: Seinfeld...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj3kXXIw02s
I asked Kraig if we could return to the hotel we stayed at for the Daytona 24 in January. At the time, it was very cold and rainy, so we didn't really get to enjoy all that the hotel and location had to offer. It looked completely different with beautiful weather.We were able to play at the hotel's complementary miniature golf range right next to the beach.
And we went to the beach and swam in the warm ocean, then in the outdoor pool.
The next day, we checked out of the hotel and drove to the Daytona International Speedway for a tour. Kraig, Ronan, and I had been on the tour before, but this was Brielle's first time. (It was when he was starting Kindergarten and she started classes before him.) We rode on the tour trolley around the stadium and onto the infield. There were cars racing around the track, so we couldn't stop on the track itself.

Ronan didn't want a photo at Victory Lane for some reason, and for some reason I had my eyes closed.The tour ends by dropping us off in the Motorsports Hall of Fame Museum, which is always fun.
I had a wonderful birthday!






No comments:
Post a Comment