Last weekend we enjoyed a visit with Granddad and Sujata, as well as a trip to Roger's Farm on the northern edge of Gainesville. We went there last year as well, and the kids were looking forward to returning. It wasn't a pumpkin patch (I'm not sure if anyone grows pumpkins in Florida), but it was a kind of fall festival with all sorts of fun activities for the kids.

They were immediately attracted to the huge trampoline on the field. Later in the afternoon, Granddad took them to Defy trampoline park, so they got plenty of jumping in that day.
The farm featured two large corn mazes. We were offered a map when we arrived, which I didn't think we'd need.
Once our first attempt to wind through it left us lost, I understood why they had men on tall chairs, acting as "lifeguards" for the mazes! Luckily, Kraig had brought the map! He guided us through numerous turns and around the inner shape of the gator head and around the words, "Go Gators" (yes, it was impressive) until we arrived at the exit. More of a workout than we were expecting!
Although it was a bright, sunny day, it was still fun to walk the "spook trail" through the woods. Yes, Ronan did open the door, and I will spare you of the toilet scene inside by not including a picture.
Last year we went closer to Halloween and it was much more crowded. Going on the Gators' Homecoming game day was a wise decision. We didn't have to wait in line for the train ride or any other activities.
Another benefit of going earlier was that we got to see a field of sunflowers! I actually don't know if they just weren't planted last year or if they had already died by the time we arrived. They were beautiful.
Again, I managed to not get photos of Granddad and Sujata. But here's a nice shot of Toki smiling on Granddad's lap.








No comments:
Post a Comment