Monday, September 26, 2011

Granddad visits 2 1/2-year-old Brielle

Brielle is 2 1/2 years old!
 
This week, Brielle enjoyed a visit from Granddad Scott! Mommy and Granddad picked her up from school, and she ran PAST Mommy and right into Granddad's arms! I've never seen her run past me...I wish I could have seen the look on my face (everyone else at school saw it).










Brielle showed Granddad how she likes to play in the yard, including placing random objects into the new birdbath.
Granddad brought Brielle gifts, including butterfly stickers and butterfly tattoos.
Our first outing was to the Audubon Nature Center and bird rehabilitation center near our house.
Brielle enjoyed seeing the birds living at the sanctuary. "Hi bird!", she greeted each of them.

The site also included a beautiful nature trail with a creek, a pond, bridges, and forest paths.


Her favorite moment was when she got to walk through a creek and throw rocks into the water.



Before leaving, we stopped by the gift shop and Granddad bought Brielle a chipmunk. She probably picked it out because she loves the chipmunk that lives in our backyard, which she named, "Gwor". I think this is the way she says, "squirrel". Back at home, she enjoyed a snack and served Gwor a fare of chipmunk food.
The next day, we ventured out to the Rhododendron Gardens. The rhodies were no longer in bloom, but it was still a beautiful outing with bridges, nature paths, and lakes...
...filled with ducks and geese!
Getting close to the birds was, of course, Brielle's favorite part of the trip. Granddad and I were happy that she was getting to experience animals she loves, however it was also stressful keeping her from getting too close to the edge of the walkway.
Brielle had a wonderful visit with "Ga Dad". She got so much energy around him. We've never heard her talk and sing so much as when he was here. "Thanks Ga Dad! I can't wait to see you at Thanksgiving!"

No comments:

Post a Comment