Brielle has a lot of "needs"..."I need purple ballet shoes!" "I need a fairy wand!" "I need a mermaid outfit!" Luckily, if you just wait a few seconds after her request, she comes up with something else she "needs"so you don't need to spend a lot of time explaining why she can't have something. But we thought this would be a good time to try to explain the concept of money to her - that if you want something, you need to pay for it. She might still be a little young to understand, but the conversations about the topic have resulted in some funny lines on her part:
"Mommy - you need to go to the store and buy me some money."
We decided to let her do chores at night to earn some money for her coveted mermaid outfit. Each night she picked up her toys in the bonus room to earn a (Monopoly) dollar until she had enough to "buy" the outfit herself. And here it is!

No comments:
Post a Comment