Prior to Grammy and Kelly's visit, Brielle and I went to a "Paint Your Pet" class at Painting with a Twist so I could paint Emmett as a gift for Grammy. I fixed it up a bit after we got home to make it look more like him but forgot to take an updated photo! Brielle did an amazing job painting Ginny!
Grammy arrived first, and a week of fun began. We went out to dinner on the beach.
Ronan paid, of course.

It was hot, but we lucked out on the weather and didn't have any big storms. We spent an afternoon riding the waves at the beach.

When the kids returned to school on Tuesday, we took Grammy around to explore the sites. We decided to check out Fort Mose, but at the end of a long boardwalk we found out it was just a swamp where the fort used to be. So that gave us more time to stop by a couple of beaches.
We had lunch along the intracoastal in Davis Shores. Cheers!
Kelly arrived Tuesday night and we enjoyed conversations with wine by the pool in the evening. The next day while the kids were in school, we took a boat out to Fort Matanzas. I was so intent on taking photos with no people in them that I also apparently didn't get photos of Grammy and Kelly!

After early release from school on Wednesday, Ronan got his wish of having Grammy and Kelly join us for a round of miniature golf.
It doesn't tend to get crowded there because it's so hot and there's very little escape from the direct sunlight. We were relieved to find the occasional cave to cool off in.
Grammy and Kelly offered to watch the kids one night so Kraig and I could stay in Daytona Beach and play at the Daytona Arcade Museum all day. Unfortunately, I'll have to wait to regain the high score on Frogger because they had closed it at the last minute for some family issue! So, we ended up walking around Daytona Beach and checking out the stores. Luckily our hotel was nice and had a beautiful roof-top bar with a view of the ocean, so it was nice.
We had some other outings that I didn't take photos of, including the winery and some nice dinners out.

Thank you, Grammy and Kelly, for another amazing visit!








No comments:
Post a Comment