September was a nice month. The kids continued to enjoy school and our pool remained warm enough for us to continue enjoying swimming every day. It's so nice to welcome the fall and upcoming cooler weather, rather than seeing fall as the "start of the end" of good weather, like when we were in Portland.
We took a trip to Gainesville and enjoyed our favorite activities there - going out to restaurants, the kids having a sleepover at Sujata's house, playing Cribbage with Granddad, playing in the pool, and just relaxing. Here's Sujata and Ronan, who is "paying" for our nice brunch at 706:
We also ate at Mr. Han's and had fun feeding the ducks and other birds at the lake across the street.

Back at home...I don't remember what we were watching, but I loved how Ginny plopped down on her two favorite guys.
I often have my camera with me and am always on the lookout for potential stock photos. One night the sky was particularly beautiful, so the kids went outside and allowed me to take some pictures of them.

I also caught this shot of Brielle, a photographer herself, taking a picture from our pier.
Our 16th wedding anniversary was on September 28th. It was a weekday, so we took the opportunity of the kids being in school to sneak out to the Daytona Arcade Museum. Luckily it was open this time. We showed up as soon as it opened and basically had the whole place to ourselves.
We had a great time playing our favorite games, as well as checking out random pinball tables. We both had a personal goal of reclaiming our high scores on two of our favorite games, but we knew we'd have fun trying, even if it didn't happen. But Kraig DID get the high score on Xevious again!
And me? I was trying to beat Michael M's high score of 18,250 on Frogger. It was very difficult and took many tries...but I did it! Oh, and over 10,000 above his score. Hopefully I can sit on this championship for a while. Although I'd be happy to go back...
I got to put a new sticker on the display, advertising my high score.
We love this place!







No comments:
Post a Comment