Wednesday, March 5, 2014

This past month

Sorry for the boring title, but it's true that nowadays it seems like I can only find the time to update this blog about once a month! Here's what the family has been up to...

In January, Brielle started taking Taekwondo lessons! There's a dojang right next to Ronan's school, so one day I brought her there to watch a class for 4-6 year olds, and she loved it. It was hard to keep her in her seat because she wanted to be out on the floor stretching, exercising, kicking, and punching with them. Since then, she's been taking classes twice a week. In February, Kraig and I decided that we really wanted to participate ourselves, so we started classes as well. Each week we attend one family class, Brielle attends her "Tiny Tigers" class, and Kraig and I attend a class together. Brielle likes that the three of us having matching outfits to wear. We were happy that we found a way to fit it in our schedules (with the help of a babysitter one night). Brielle continues to love it and is progressing towards earning her yellow belt. Kraig and I have found ourselves getting a little sore in these initial classes, but we're already getting more flexible and picking up new skills. Hopefully someday Ronan will join us.

The most exciting news from this month was that Ronan has apparently conquered his multiple food sensitivities! At his 18-month pediatrician appointment we had him re-tested for food sensitivities, and a couple weeks later the test came back indicating that he has none! It looks like the horrible soy-free, gluten-free (and almond-free, and oatmeal-free) diet that he and I have been on for the past 10 months might have cured him. He and I have both been eating the formerly forbidden ingredients for almost two weeks now, and we haven't seen any adverse effects in him. I can't express how happy I am to be able to have tofu, bagels, and pasta again. And Ronan has been going nuts eating these new foods - he's so happy!

This month we also enjoyed a visit from Grammy Barbara, Kelly, and Rosie dog. It's great that they bring Rosie with them because the kids love having her in our home. Ronan is still crazy about dogs (as well as balls, balloons, and buses).

We can't believe that Brielle is about to turn five years old! She's looking forward to her birthday party - she's inviting all of her "Spanish school" friends to celebrate with her at Pump It Up on the 15th.

No comments:

Post a Comment