As we get to the end of the school year, special field trips and carnivals are happening. Last Friday, Ronan's school took a field trip to...the train museum! Boy, we've been there a lot lately, but I like it. The visit also included a train ride. I was fortunate to be able to go with him.

The train traveled from the train museum down to Oaks Amusement Park in SE Portland. We could see this building across the lake with a huge bird mural. A Google search says it's the Portland Memorial Mausoleum.
The amusement park was closed, so none of the rides were going. I think that was disappointing to kids, like Ronan, who love going to "the roller coaster park", but everyone still had fun.
Interestingly, even though we had reserved the event, we had to keep moving to different locations in the park because they were filming an episode of "The Librarians", which is filmed in Portland. I haven't seen it yet, but apparently it's on TNT.

We didn't see any of the stars (e.g., Noah Wyle, John Larroquette, Rebecca Romijn) because their guards kept us far away. But one extra or cast member was nice enough to interact with the kids.
There's a (small) train at Oaks Park too! Like his cousin, Tavio, Ronan loves railroad crossings.
That evening, we enjoyed an outdoor carnival at Brielle's school.

The kids had cotton candy for the first time, which was pretty exciting for them.

It was a fun weekend.







No comments:
Post a Comment