Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Grammy, Vegas, and a Track Meet

Recently, Grammy came to visit us for over a week! She wanted to enjoy more Florida sunshine with us, but she was also coming to watch the kids while Kraig and I flew to a Healthier4U Vending training in Las Vegas for a few days. Thanks Grammy!

Grammy took the kids to the bus stop and did fun activities with them (but of course I don't have pictures of that). We were happy that she stayed a few days longer to spend some more time with us after we got back.

We went to the beaches and had lunch at the Conch House, on the north coast of the island in Davis Shores. There wasn't much vegan food, of course, but there was wine and a fun view! We sat under a tiki hut over the water.
 

And, of course we made it out to the pier. (Kraig and I went there today and saw two dolphins playing with each other a few yards away from us!)
 
 
On our trip to Las Vegas, I took a bunch of photos out of the window. I love Earth-from-above photography. I just keep forgetting to choose a seat further from the wing...

This is the kids' blog so I won't go into detail about our new healthy vending business (Anastasia Island Vending). But here's a picture of us posing with one of the machines just like the ones we're getting placed soon.
 

After we got home, the kids participated in their first informal track meet. Their future high school invited elementary and middle school kids to participate in a fun track event after school. The kids enjoy running fast, so we thought they might have fun.  
The first event was the 50-yard dash for kindergarteners and 1st graders combined. Ronan was a little bullet!

He got fourth place and was proud to get a ribbon.


Brielle's 100-yard dash had tough competition, but she landed 3rd place.


The kids enjoyed the running, but they loved the long jump. Brielle said she's done it before at school, but I was amazed she could jump 8 feet! She got first place!
 
 The event, unfortunately, was really poorly run, and they got lazy with Ronan's long jump and had all the boys competing against each other. The younger kids had no hope of winning a ribbon. He waited in long lines for his two jumps, but he had a blast.

When we went to pick up Brielle's long jump ribbon, a nice high school student who was assisting asked how Ronan did in the long jump. We noted that they threw all the ages together, so... She immediately gave him a big smile and handed him a 2nd place ribbon. He was proud.

Afterwards we picked up take-out at a nearby Chinese restaurant. As we waited, the kids cooled off in front of a fan.

We had a great visit with Grammy and can't wait for her to visit again!

No comments:

Post a Comment